Behind the scenes, Canvas is updated regularly. Check out some of the updated tools and features available in MiraCosta College’s Canvas. (Note: The list below is intended to highlight the most significant changes – but many smaller updates occur frequently).
- New Gradebook – The New Gradebook is a beta feature that allows instructors to view an improved version of the Gradebook. This feature makes grading more flexible and intuitive. As of early fall 2018, each instructor interested in this must opt in; within the next 6 months this is likely to become the default Gradebook.
- Quizzes.Next – Canvas’s new quiz/test assessment engine. Quizzes.Next will replace the original Quiz function in the near future (late fall 2018 or spring 2019, most likely). Quizzes.Next assessments are a particular type of Assignment rather than a distinct tool.
- Turnitin LTI 2.0 Canvas Plagiarism Framework – An update to Turnitin available within Canvas that offers a tighter integration between a Canvas assignment and Turnitin, relying on Turnitin for plagiarism checking but using the native Canvas tools such as rubrics and speedgrader for assessment and feedback.
- UDOIT – The Universal Design Online Content Inspection Tool, or UDOIT (“You Do It”) enables faculty to identify and correct many accessibility issues in their MiraCosta Canvas courses.
- Dashboard List View – Students and instructors may change the Dashboard view to a list format with to-dos, feedback, and other activity organized by courses. Instructors can now set Pages and non-graded Discussions as to-do items. Students and instructors also may add their own personal to-dos to Canvas.